Cuisinart is one of the most popular brands of small kitchen appliances in North America with specialist stores in the United Kingdom selling its line of products. The company also manufactures a coffee maker line for residential use like the Cuisinart SS-700. Read my Cuisinart SS-700 Review below.
Features of the Cuisinart SS-700
- Four cup sizes to choose from (4, 6, 8, and 10 ounces) with the selections made from the icon on the brewing size options. The iced beverage setting makes for five cup sizes.
- The removable water reservoir is capable of holding in 80 ounces of water.
- Fully programmable display panel with backlit LCD screen. The panel displays a digital clock coupled with automatic on/off switch and adjustable temperature control.
- My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter is stored inside the unit with capacity for ground coffee brewing
- Removable drip tray for easy cleaning after use
Also, the Cuisinart SS-700 coffee maker boasts of a charcoal water filter. All the parts coming into contact with the water and coffee grounds are free of the harmful substance known as BPA. This is true for other Cuisinart coffee machines.
- The four settings for hot beverages mean that every individual will have his/her desired cup size. In other coffee makers, only one set is provided for each single-cup brew. Of course, the fact that the Cuisinart SS-700 can also be used to make iced coffee or tea beverages is a plus point in its favor.
- The large capacity of the removable water tank is convenient. A household or an office with many coffee lovers will appreciate this feature since the refilling chore can be done with lesser frequency.
- The display panel for the SS-700 is easy to use at any time of day, thanks to its back-lit LCD screen. One of its cool features is the “Ready” and “Not Ready” signs that leave out the guesswork.
- The automatic shut-off feature means greater safety for the users especially the forgetful ones. The coffee also tastes great, not burnt, because of this feature.
- The removable drip tray and water tank, as well as the reusable filter, makes for easy cleaning of the unit while also allowing for great-tasting coffee every time, respectively.
Cuisinart SS-700 Review -Potential Downsides
Unfortunately, consumers also find negative aspects of the Cuisinart SS-700. It has a large footprint that may not go so well with people who have limited countertop space. A few of the parts are not also suitable for the dishwasher so hand-washing is necessary.
So, is the Cuisinart SS-700 worth its price? At Amazon, this product can be bought for just over $200, which is discounted from the original price of $365 – a saving of $165 or 45% off the original list price. For $200, this coffee maker offers many benefits and, thus, is well worth the money